What if I can't make the payments?
If an assessment becomes delinquent, the district is obligated to sell the property covered by that assessment to pay the special assessment bonds. The buyer is required to hold the lien for a minimum of one year before applying for a Superintendent of Streets deed of the property. During that period, the assessment lien must be paid in full, plus penalties. Once a deed is issued, the buyer has control of its redemption value. For districts on the tax roll, it is considered the same as delinquent taxes.Return to County Improvement Districts

Show All Answers

1. What is an Improvement District?
2. How do I go about getting one organized?
3. How do I pay for the improvements?
4. How can I discontinue a Maintenance Improvement District?
5. Who can I talk to for more information?
6. I don't want to have my road paved but I would like to have my road maintained.
7. How often is the road graded?
8. What if I can't make the payments?
9. Formation options
10. How can I find out if my property is located in an Active or Proposed district?