Apply for Youth Workforce Services
Out-of-school youth ages 16 to 24 years old interested in furthering their education and/or finding gainful employment may qualify for workforce services. ARIZONA@WORK - Maricopa County Youth Workforce Services offers a free, year-round program where young adults receive individualized support and services to build the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to be successful in a chosen career pathway.
Available services include, but are not limited to:
- Adult mentoring for 12 months
- Alternative secondary school services
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Financial literacy education
- High school equivalency instruction
- Leadership development opportunities
- Occupational skills training
- Unpaid and paid work experience
To apply for ARIZONA@WORK - Maricopa County Youth Workforce Services, follow the step-by-step instructions listed below.
Additionally, Arizona residents are able to create a resume and search through job postings by visiting www.azjobconnection.gov and creating a Job Seeker account.
Please note that HSD does not provide Unemployment Insurance (UI). However, you can apply for UI from the safety of your home by submitting an application online or by calling 877-600-2722. For more information from the Department of Economic Security (DES), please visit www.azui.gov.
|Service Locations||Phone Number||Address|
|Avondale Youth Hub||602-372-4252|
|East Valley Career Center||602-372-9700||1001 West Southern Avenue, Suite 101|
Mesa, AZ 85210
|Mesa Youth Hub||480-644-4074||Mesa Public Library (Lower Level)|
64 E. 1st St.
Mesa, AZ 85201
|Peoria Youth Hub||602-751-0645||8335 W. Jefferson St.|
Peoria, AZ 85345
|Tempe Youth Hub||480-350-5824||2150 E. Orange St. |
Tempe, AZ 85281
|West Valley Career Center||602-372-4200||4425 W. Olive Ave., Suites 190 & 200|
Glendale, AZ 85302
|TTY/TDD Arizona Relay System||7-1-1|
Note to City of Phoenix Residents: Youth workforce services are available to Maricopa County residents living outside the city of Phoenix. If you live in Phoenix, please click here Version OptionsApply for Youth Workforce ServicesHeadline to learn about youth workforce services in your area.
Step 1. Check Eligibility
To qualify for youth workforce services, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicant is 16- to 24-years-old
- Applicant is not attending school
- Applicant meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Is a high school dropout
- Has not attended the most recent quarter of the school year
- Is in the juvenile or adult justice system
- Is experiencing homelessness
- Is or has been in foster care
- Is pregnant or has a child
- Has a disability
- Has a low income and needs assistance to achieve educational and employment goals
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent and:
- Has a low income
- Is basic skills deficient or an English language learner (i.e., English as a second language)
Step 2. Gather Required Documentation
To help establish eligibility, please collect the following documentation. You will need to bring these documents with you to a one-on-one appointment at your local career center.
- Photo identification that includes date of birth
- Social Security card
- Selective Service Registration for males 18 to 24 years of age
- Documentation that demonstrates the applicant meets the criteria listed in Step 1
Please note that additional documentation may be requested by workforce staff to determine eligibility.
Step 3. Contact Local Career Center
Once you have gathered the required documentation, please schedule a one-on-one appointment by Visiting the Client Portal, sending an email to WDDYouth2@maricopa.gov, or calling your local career center using the information provided below.
Remember to bring the required documentation with you to the appointment.