This ASU and Maricopa County partnership offers top students hands-on experience and greatly enhances their education with an introduction to the opportunities and rewards of public service careers, including in county government. The internship program also provides specialized career training applicable to any field.
The Maricopa County Leadership and Education Advancing Public Service program, MCLEAPS, is administered through ASU’s College of Public Service and Community Solutions, and internships are open to all ASU students. Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for this experiential and educational opportunity. MCLEAPS is an exciting opportunity for the students and the County.
The full-time, immersive work-learning opportunities are offered in fall and spring semesters. Most are project-based and vary by department, providing an opportunity to complement student’s academic pursuits, recruiting and training the highest performing, most dedicated young people to become the next generation of public servants.
- career-relevant work experience, skills and industry knowledge for chosen career
- opportunity to build a network of professional connections for career start and advancement
- waiver of ASU tuition and fees (student will be responsible for any fees associated with specific degree program)
- stipend of $4,700 paid for project work performed
- academic credit toward degree, depending on major and degree, as well as Department or School requirements